The beauty of individual tuition, or 1:1’s, is that they focus on your individual needs. An initial consultation session usually lasts for 90 minutes . Subsequent sessions usually last about an hour, but can be longer if required.
Frequency of sessions entirely depends on individual choice and what seems appropriate. It is best to initiually commit to a minimum of4 sessions to get started and feel the benefits.
We start by discussing what you would like from your home practice, and consider what is realistic. We then devise a home practice which we teach during the session and write out for you to practice at home. Based on your feedback, subsequent sessions build on this initial practice and can develop in many different ways.
These sessions are suitable for anyone, including those completely new to yoga, experienced students and Yoga teachers who:
- are committed to developing a personal yoga practice
- have a therapeutic need they wish to address with a home practice (stress, anxiety, energetic or structural problems, breathing difficulties)
- are interested in deepening and extending their practice of yoga – working with more demanding postures and techniques not usually taught in a group class
- would appreciate more detailed feedback and advice on their practice, or teaching
- find that committing to a regular class is very difficult
Individual sessions are booked by appointment and usually take place in either Dave’s studio in Malvern or Ranju’s studio in Wellington.